Monday, January 28, 2013

The Most Magical Cruise on Earth, Day 2



Day 2, Sunday:

At sea all day


We managed to get up pretty early. Brad was feeling better, thankfully, and even the sleepyheads were motivated to get moving. We went up to Topsider, which is a buffet restaurant on the 9th deck where all the pools are located. It was a sprawling buffet with everything imaginable and I think we tried just about everything. After breakfast both Grace & Caroline took off for the clubs. Brad and I explored a bit more then got Caroline and we played Bingo for a while. We didn’t win a penny, which is a bummer, but it was fun anyway. We went back to Parrot Cay for lunch; this was the Italian buffet, and it was really good, especially the brie and the praline topping for the ice cream. 


Caroline wanted to go swimming. I had grand aspirations but since the air temperature was below 90 and the wind was blowing and the water temperature was surely below 85 my swimming just wasn’t going to happen! I did support Caroline by watching her go down the slide a few times and got video & photos. We played at the arcade for a few minutes then Brad needed to study and I wanted to chill and get some sun so Caroline went back to the club (Grace stayed at hers all day). The verandah couldn’t be nicer. I actually fell asleep lounging with my feet up as I read about my new camera on my iPad. Brad got a decent amount of studying done. The girls were back by 5pm to get ready for dinner. 




Dinner was at the Animator’s Palette this night. The room is totally black and white. I mean totally. There’s no color anywhere. It’s really kind of cool. We were seated with Stacy, Joe, Gavin & Kelsey again. I ordered an odd shrimp appetizer, baked potato soup and my entrée was an Asian beef tenderloin which was totally amazing. I really, really loved it. Mmmm! Right after the entrée the whole restaurant changed. It went from completely black and white to being totally filled with color. Mickey Mouse the magician swept through the room leading the wait staff around in their new brightly-colored vests. We skipped dessert and ran off to the family show with the hypnotist. 


Brad volunteered to participate in the hypnosis thing, which was pretty amusing. It was the people who were “hypnotized” that were really awesome and funny. I think the kids had a good laugh. We ran from this straight to the big production in the main Walt Disney Theater called Twice Charmed. It was a nice show, “Cinderella with a Twist.” The theater is really large and laid out well. It was definitely a quality performance, but Grace didn’t even make it to Twice because she was off and running with her new friends at her club.

Caroline, Brad and I came back to the room and basically crashed. Grace showed up a little after…ONE AM! She had permission to stay out since the arcade had free play from midnight until 1, but we still had to rope her in even that late.

No comments: